- Wounded Veterans to Cycle 500-plus Miles from Minneapolis to Chicago During UnitedHealthcare Great Lakes Challenge
More than 150 military veterans, first responders and their supporters will cycle from Minneapolis to Chicago during the UnitedHealthcare Great Lakes Challenge Aug. 7 to 14.
- Four Wisconsin Nonprofits Awarded $100,000 in Grants from UnitedHealthcare to Improve Independence for People with Disabilities
A total of $100,000 in grants from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Wisconsin will enable four community organizations across the state to enhance their programming and improve access to health resources for Wisconsin residents with disabilities.
- Hundreds of Volunteers Build a 3,100-Square-Foot Playground at Boys & Girls Clubs of the Chippewa Valley
Today more than 200 Eau Claire residents and UnitedHealthcare employees built a new playground at Boys & Girls Clubs of the Chippewa Valley's Mary Markquart Center.
- UnitedHealthcare Awards $39,000 in Grants to Improve Care Coordination in Washington State
UnitedHealthcare is donating $39,000 to help Chelan Valley Hope and Lake Chelan Lutheran Church (LCLC) implement innovative programs that deliver coordinated, whole-person care for seniors in rural Washington communities.
- Lt. Gov. Colyer and UnitedHealthcare Join Community Health Council of Wyandotte County to Celebrate Service to 1,000 Patients
Kansas Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer and UnitedHealthcare, along with more than 100 local residents gathered at the Community Health Council of Wyandotte County's (CHC) headquarters yesterday to celebrate a major milestone.
- UnitedHealthcare Invests $18.3 Million to Help Build New Affordable-Housing Communities in Michigan
UnitedHealthcare is investing $18.3 million to help build two new affordable-housing communities in Hart and Oak Park, Michigan.
- UnitedHealthcare and 4-H Extend Partnership to Bring Food Budgeting and Nutrition Education to Additional 50,000 Children and Families
UnitedHealthcare announced it will invest an additional $1 million to extend its partnership with the National 4-H Council to deliver food budgeting and nutrition education to children and families in Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Washington and Wisconsin.
- UnitedHealthcare and YES Housing Partnership Brings Innovative "Vive Salud" Program to Residents of New Affordable-Housing Community in Downtown Albuquerque
Residents, community leaders and program partners YES Housing and UnitedHealthcare celebrated "Vive Salud," an innovative partnership that is connecting residents of The Imperial Building with resources to help them live healthier lives.
- Study: Nearly 60 Percent of Employees with Access to a Company Wellness Program Say the Initiative Has Made a Positive Impact on Their Health
Most employees with access to workplace wellness programs say they have made a positive impact on their health, even though a majority are unwilling to devote more than one hour per day to health-related activities such as consistent exercise, according to a new survey.
- UnitedHealthcare Awards $30,000 Grant to Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA to Encourage Children's Physical Activity and Exercise
UnitedHealthcare awarded $30,000 to the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA to implement a project in its community to support children's exercise and physical activity. The grant is part of a statewide initiative between UnitedHealthcare and local YMCAs to fight childhood obesity and physical inactivity.